Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Perfect Day


A 1st Anniversary!

One year ago today Greg and I were married.
I have had perfect moments in my life but never a whole perfect day...exactly one year ago I had that perfect day.
To be honest I had previously imagined celebrating a 21st wedding anniversary in 2009 not a 1st wedding anniversary. But things don't always work out the way you think they will. And when they don't you find yourself in a position to have something you never expected you would get, something or someone really wonderful. Basically it comes down to choices.
But back to that perfect day...the one thing that first comes to mind was how happy we felt the whole day...it was a feeling that surpassed any other feeling. The second memory was walking out of the temple and being surrounded by our children, family and friends. We felt so loved.
We wanted to keep our sealing/marriage simple. We really did not feel the need to go big. We had been there done that. Our daughters can have that privilege far down the road. But a wedding would not be a wedding without a great bouquet and some fun shoes.

I wanted a simple short dress. I did not want to spend a lot of money. I was thrilled when I found one that felt right. I then found some very impractical shoes that I loved. But it was when I was handed my bouquet as we exited out of the temple that I actually felt like a bride.

I also remembered that every time I looked at either Greg's kids or my own I felt a strong feeling of love for all of them. Greg and I continue to say how lucky we feel that all of our children get along.

I will always be grateful for the choices that we made, to put us in a place, which gave us the opportunity to have that perfect day.

As Greg and I celebrate being 1 year old in this marriage, I am amazed at the strength that I feel from Greg. I feel the joy of knowing that he loves me despite all of my quirks. I marvel at how you can really love children a lot that you did not create biologically. I feel a great sense of peace watching my own children adapt to a new "father like" figure in the home.

But I really want Greg to know is how much I love him. Happy Anniversary!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe it was a year ago. It was such a wonderful day. I remember sitting in the ceremony feeling so much love and joy from everyone in the room. I felt like everyone there were genuinly overjoyed that you two found each other. I'm so glad your in the family. Now, start packing and move up here so we can really hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love, love, love you Michelle! I love Greg, too, even though I've yet to meet him. I remember all the great things you said about him before your sealing. I know that he must be fabulous for you to let him in and be a part of your family. Congratulations. I so wish I could've been there a year ago. I look forward to meeting him and the kids. I am so happy for you both, and for all the kids. What a beautiful post. Best wishes for a great anniversary--the first of countless, I'm sure! Hugs and high-5's... Now I need to go wipe the tears and blow my nose...(tears of happiness).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was there! and i remember that. when you walked out of the temple, where everyone was waiting,guess who was the first person i hugged......you mommy. i love you mom sooooooooooo much. i love you too greg soooooooooooooooooooo much (mom notice how greg has more ooooo in his so)anyways cant wait til your tenth anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny honey! Greg noticed right away that he had more ooooo's in his so...way to brown nose the source that helps you hide all your treats in the house.
    By the way, I remember hugging you too when I came out of the temple...love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Wish I was able to come down for it! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO ONE WAS MORE EXCITED THAN YOUR DAD AND I TO SEE THE TEARS OF HAPPINESS. TO FEEL THE SPIRIT IN THE TEMPLE WAS WONDERFUL TO KNOW THAT MICHELLE AND GREG FOUND EACH OTHER AND WAITED TO BE SEALED TOGETHER FOR ALL TIME AND ETERNITY. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND WE HAVE SEEN THE LOVE THEY ALL HAVE FOR EACH OTHER. IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN A YEAR. CHERISH EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR TIME TOGETHER AND YOUR LOVE WILL GROW. WITH ALL OUR CHALLENGES IN LIFE IT IS ALL WORTH THE LOVING AND CARING AND SHARING. MOM C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOOPS------CORRECT THE ENGLISH. YOUR DAD AND ME NOT I. I COULDN'T LIVE WITH YOUR DAD IF HE SAW THIS. MOM C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Michelle! You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!! A stunning bride - and I love the dress and shoes! I wanted to thank you for the comments you made (on your anniversary) at church the last time I was there. I was talking to my mom about temple marriage and sealings just a few days before while we were at the beach and I just kept saying "Well what if this happens... what if that happens... What do you do if..." and you answered those questions with a short, sweet testimony. Thank you so much! Happiness to you and Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle that was beautiful. Made me cry a little. Can't tell you how it makes Glen and I feel to see you happy. Greg is wonderful and so glad he is our friend. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW HOW HOW can you look that GREAT?!? What is your SECRET? You are so incredibly beautiful. Your words brought tears to my eyes..bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle...you're killing me...must.know.what.you're.up.to! I need an update! hugs...love you! T

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm crying cuz I'm so happy for you all. You have a great skill of expressing yourself in writing. You look so fabulous - all your beauty and a pinch of a fabulous photographer (shout out to my sis). She really caught the moment. So happy to have you as my sis-n-law. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i guess i am now officially a blog stalker...i am aprils friend (i helped her create the flowers for your tables), we have met before and i think this post is simply magical. the photos are beautiful. you look soooo happy and at peace, and so darling too!! your words are perfect, and i thoroughly enjoyed reading this! may you look forward to many more anniversaries!!

    ReplyDelete