Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Sandon!

Sandon turned 14 years old today...

What? Seriously...my kids are getting older so quickly. Whats up with that?

Sandon was my trickiest birthing experience. He was my only c-section, make that emergency c-section. Certain things happened the few weeks leading up to his birth that at the time seemed confusing. We were living in a different country. I had planned to have Sandon in Madrid, Spain. But unexpected job changes and easy re-location back to the states that should have been complicated all fell into place. We did not think much of it until the day Sandon was born. I was where I needed to be to birth him... at the right place and the right time, with an English speaking doctor who could communicate with me. If I had been any where else Sandon and I might not be here today...

And I would have never known what a great guy Sandon is turning out to be...the easiest going boy...who loves steak...tells us how great we are looking almost everyday...he can make all of us laugh with his funny personality...who is addicted to XBOX live (grrr)...a natural athlete...smart...loves staying up late...is learning to work the system...:)

We would have also missed out on good friends dropping off birthday cake to him...thanks Tess and Cassie!


Cassie and Tess and their version of a birthday cake! Yum!


Love you Sandon. :)

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that story before, I'm so glad you and Sandon made it safely into this world - it wouldn't be the same without you two!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found the blog! Yay!
    Happy Birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBD Sandon (again, belated...)! So glad you made it safely to the Smith family! Plus it's an added bonus to have 2 cute lil' things bringing you a birthday cake...what's THAT about? Hmmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. SANDON, IF YOU ONLY NEW. YOUR BIRTH WAS A MIRACLE AND YOUR MOM WAS AMAZING, AS THEY WENT RUNNING DOWN THE HOSPITAL CORRIDOR WITH YOU. WE PRAYED ALOT AND YOU CAME, AND WE HAVE LOVED AND A BEEN PROUD OF YOU EVER SINCE. HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY. YOU KNOW YOU WERE BORN ON THE DAY OF THE OKLAHOMA BOMBING. I LISTENED TO IT ON THE RADIO, WHILE I RACING DOWN I-5 FROM SACRAMENTO TO GET TO YOUR BIRTH ON TIME. AND I MADE IT BEARLY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY, I FORGOT TO SIGN MY NAME ON THE LAST COMMENT. GRANDMA CAMPBELL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... Uncle Steve and I can't believe that you are 14!!!! I remember meeting you the first time when you were just 1! You were so cute (and still are). Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle -- So glad you started a blog. Sometimes it gets tedious, but you will be so glad you have so much written down in time. I am so glad I have my kids lives in writing. I'm excited to read up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give mad props to Cassie & Tess for Sandon's cake...... I think I ate at least half of it one night when I walked out of my room for 'late-night-munchies'..... (nice thing about having a room downstairs :) )

    -ya ken

    ReplyDelete