Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break

Last week was spring break...


I love spring break...I love no schedules...I love not driving to early morning seminary...I love not having to rush home from work to take a kid to a practice or game...

What made this spring break even more fun for me was that I had Friday off to spend with the kids...the last two years I had to work the whole week...Kendall and I with one of her best buddies Krista and her mom and aunt went to see Hannah Montana the movie...very cute...for some reason the boys turned us down when we invited them to come...:)

The day before Easter presented us with a very unusual Saturday...only one kid had a game...and it was in the morning hours...yep awesome...with a Saturday afternoon without a set schedule Kendall and I decided to be creative and make some Easter cake pops that I had seen on Bakerella's website...we learned a lot and discovered that it is much harder than one might think...but we had a lot of fun trying...It turns out that Kendall can be very creative when trying to solve a challenge...now I just need some of her energy...please.

The object was to make some chicks and Easter eggs...


We decided to make the chicks first...


We were feeling pretty good with ourselves after making the chick pops...we thought we were experts...so we started making the Easter egg pops...


Mmmm...I could not get them to look like Easter eggs and our cake pops were having trouble staying on the stick...Kendall decided that maybe using two sticks would be better...and she definitely ended up with the most awesome cake pop...



I did not have as much patience as Kendall did so I started making "cake balls" instead of "cake pops"...


In the mean time Greg was enjoying his book and watching the Masters...


That is until Kendall discovered that if you dip a strawberry into the melted candies it tastes pretty darn good...of course Greg had to come check it out too...:)


In the end, after creating a mess, we had fun trying something new...they turned out tasty and rich and it was fun doing something different with Kendall...it was a good way to spend an afternoon with no set schedule...thanks Kendall for helping end spring break on a high note!


7 comments:

  1. Those Chick and Egg Pops look yummy! What a fun activity...I kinda wish I had kids left to do things with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bakerella! I've never been up for trying her stuff. It's all so cute and looks so perfect. Your chicks are ADORABLE!!! Love the eggs too! Wish I could've brought Ellie over to pitch-in! Happy Easter (belated!). So impressed, as well, that Kendall is so adventurous in the kitchen. Kendall, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look great. How fun. I need to do some fun baking things with my kids. All I can imagine though is MESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to admit they were very good especially mine!!!!!!!! but, when you dipped the fresh strawberries into it tasted like chocolate strawberries yum yum yum. i can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KENDALL, WHAT A FUN GIRL, I LOVE THAT. I WISH YOU WERE CLOSER TO ME. THEY LOOKED PRETTY GOOD. WAS THAT CAKE, YOU CUT IN PIECES. DID THEY LAST LONG WITH ALL THOSE BROTHERS. GRANDMA C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well these are really cool! Where is the recipe? I looked on the blog and can't find it!!! I only saw photos people took of theirs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went on to the bakerella blog. Absolutely darling. I think I'm going to try it with Maddy. She will love it! Thanks for putting up your pictures of the chicks.

    ReplyDelete