Friday, February 27, 2009

Reality Check

Today was my second Friday home in a row...
Last Friday was the first day home from work in 2 1/2 years when my kids were at school. Due to the economy work told me that they can't pay me as much so they need to shorten my hours...hence I now work Monday through Thursday. When I am able to not stress about less income I am able to rejoice in being home again one day a week. Last Friday was surreal...today was just plain awesome.

So this morning I decided it was time to tackle the kitchen...with no one in the house I thought maybe it would be fun to blast some pump it up music (you know to make cleaning the kitchen more fun)...so I got on my kids i tunes...I saw a play list titled workout...perfect...I knew this meant some up beat music...as 'Just Dance' by Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis blasted I could not help but think...empty house...I then glanced over at the turned off TV and saw that it created the perfect mirror for me to watch myself bust out some moves...so I started moving to the music smiling and thinking as I was looking at my reflection, "aw yeah" I can still kind of dance...I also had the thought that maybe I could start working out and it would not be bad...

This all came to a screeching halt 15 SECONDS later...yep that's right, due to shortness of breath and breaking out in a sweat.

20 MINUTES later, after sitting at the kitchen table, I was finally able to start cleaning the kitchen...could not help but think of the phrase one step forward 10 steps back...

I kept the music blasting but this time I am busting out the moves in my head.

I believe that is what you call a reality check.



4 comments:

  1. Haha good one mom. I hope that you will soon be able to bust out those moves in the future for longer than 15 seconds, but good job anyways.
    Love you,
    Sandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah nice post but that was my playyyylist and my music so who wouldn't like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hoot! I laughed out loud reading that post Michelle! Funny! My secret to cleaning the kitchen is to talk on the phone while doing it...usually the person on the other end doesn't even notice unless I drop the phone or accidently hang up on them with my earring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL, WELL, WELL, WHAT FUN!!!! I WISH I COULD OF BEEN THERE. NOT TO DANCE, BUT TO CLEAN. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION. NOT ONLY TO DO THE CLEANING, BUT YOU ARE A NATURAL AT WRITING. A NOVEL OF YOUR LIFE WOULD BE A GOOD START WITH ALL THE HUMOR YOU HAVE IN YOU. CONGRATS ON YOUR WONDERFUL FRIDAYS. YOU DESERVE THEM. LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete