Monday, August 10, 2009

Skipping for a couple of days because...


My boys went on a kayaking trip to the Channel Islands National Park...
They went with the 14 yrs and up (teachers&priests) boys from church. We are lucky to have leaders at church that are adventurous and always planning different campouts for the boys. I was thrilled that all of mine wanted to go. And YES I am ALWAYS excited for them and whatever adventure is in store for them...but I am also guilty of having a little extra skip to my walk with the thought of a quieter house, not having to worry about organizing kids schedule while i am at work, not having to feed all and knowing the house was going to stay a lot cleaner (no offense boys) for a couple of days.

Kendall celebrated the news that the boys were going to be gone for a couple of nights with some dancing moves and stating that the 'G & G's' were going to party...I asked her who were the 'G & G's' and she looked at me and said Greg and girls...(duh)

And though there was a slight glitch in the skipping, (Kenya had to go to urgent care with a very painful stomach ache that resulted in having a cyst... that ended up bursting a day later while getting an ultrasound...which was cool for the technician who said it was first time she ever witnessed a live burst...but not so cool for Kenya who was actually experiencing the pain...but then the bursting seemed to eventually solve the pain issue...) the 'G & G's' really did have a nice weekend...

As for the boys...they ended up on Santa Cruz Island, kayaking with sea lions, hiking to gorgeous views, enjoying being boys...and when asked if the trip was fun I was told that it was "sick"(grandma this means it was REALLY cool)...and usually when the boys come home from trips it is just a given that not all stories are shared...they apply the saying what happens in__stays in__to their campouts...but I did send my point and shoot camera with them this time with one request...will you bring back a photo of all 3 of you in it...and because my boys always do what I ask:), they came back with exactly one shot of the 3 of them...but thanks boys for the other shots because it was fun to have images to go with the stories that you were willing to share...

Thanks Sandon for the photos!!!

2 comments:

  1. OHHH...I'm in the same boat only this week!! The boys, including Glenn, just left me for their high adventure trip. It's just camden, caelum and I...what to do?! Oh, maybe I should plan a wedding?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Kendall. She loves every aspect of life. I'm impressed that Sandon took so many pictures. Sorry to hear about Kenya, hope she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete