Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy moments...

Elyse and Rob all smiles

Saturday Greg and I were able to see my dear friends daughter married in the Newport Beach Temple...it was truly a happy occasion...there is always something special about weddings...I could not help but look at April(mom of the bride) while sitting in the temple...which happened to be a mistake because instant tears formed immediately...I saw in her eyes contentment, satisfaction, joy...I am so happy for her...I then looked at Elyse's(the bride) face and saw happiness, hope, excitement and could not help but be thrilled for her...as I looked around this particular sealing room I was reminded of another Saturday about a year and a half ago where I was that bride in that very same sealing room and I too had felt that same happiness, hope and excitement...and as I held Greg's hand this past Saturday I still felt so happy and blessed for the marriage I have with Greg...and how grateful I am that he loves me regardless of my imperfections...I could see in Rob's eyes how much he adored Elyse...I could feel and see that April knew this as well...and then I felt more than anything that I hope that my own daughters get to experience that happy moment as well.

Enjoying a moment with the very beautiful mother of the bride...wait are we really old enough to be a mother of the bride...apparently April you are!

Photos courtesy of Shawna Johnson

5 comments:

  1. First of all, how did you put on the bottom "photo courtesy of shawna"? I want to learn that trick! Second, yes I may be old enough to be "the mother-in-law" but I refuse to be the "grandma" yet!! Third, you are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are coming to Kelli's wedding! We would LOVE to see you. It's been way too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely put. that was a very beautiful day back in March of 08. I'm so glad you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weddings! They always make me happy and grateful for my man. You look AMAZING. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE. AND WHAT A TREAT, MICHELLE TO SEE YOU AND YOUR GREAT FRIEND. IT FILLS A MOM'S HEART WITH JOY TO SEE HER DAUGHTER FIND THE HAPPINESS SHE DESERVES. LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete