Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Dads and Girls...

4am departure...

Last week Greg and Kendall were invited to go hiking/camping with some dad's and their daughters...Kendall was very excited to learn that Greg was taking 2 days off of work to take her...one of the first things she asked was if she got to wear one of those back packs that the boys wear when they go hiking...I was laughing as I said yes because I was not sure she understand that those packs can get pretty heavy especially if you are hiking for more than a couple of miles...but of course any opportunity to prove to herself ( and brothers) that she can do what they can do is a very exciting thing for my youngest daughter...:)

Their destination was somewhere by Shaver Lake about a 5 hour drive to the southeastern part of the High Sierras...

Did I mention how excited Kendall was to go??? She was so excited that when I woke her up at 3:45am to get ready to leave at 4am she literally popped right up...mmm...(Kendall it would be awesome if you did this during the school year, thank you very much :) )

The group before the hiking/camping began...ummm...do you think that because Kendall is only one of 2 people who already has her pack on that this means she is excited...yep!

It was fun to hear Greg and Kendall talk about the trip...they had so much fun...I did not hear any complaints except that Greg wanted to catch more fish than he did (I believe he only caught 2 but they only ate 1)...the scenery was beautiful, Kendall became good at "casting", they enjoyed the companionship of everyone there and each other, water was cold, funny stories shared, new friendships, being silly, Kendall said that food tasted extra good when she was camping...

A big thanks to Glen and Tess for inviting Greg and Kendall...they had so much fun...in fact I already heard talk about next year...a big thank you with hugs and kisses to Greg for taking the time and making it possible for giving Kendall a taste of what her brothers experience when they go on their camping trips and for loving her like your own...and Kendall a high five to you because you never complained to me about the pack, or the hike, or the dirt...instead I believe you embraced it...what a stud. :)

5 comments:

  1. 4 A.M. WHAT? She is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KENDALL, YOU LOOK LIKE A MODEL OUR IN THE WILDERNESS. I AM VERY IMPRESSED. AND GREG, WHAT A GREAT DAD YOU ARE. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO END THE SUMMER. LOVE, GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a man like that in MY house...I know how wonderful it is that they not only step in but do it with joy and genuine love. What a great dad and husband...at least we FINALLY got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was so much fun! I agree with Grandma's assessment...you look like a model out there with your cute outfits! I hope this is the first of many camping trips ... next time, Kendall, you'll have to take your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed with Greg. Kendall looks awesome. I love all her snazzy outfits. I love that Kendall loves life and every adventure. She's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete