Monday, October 26, 2009

A Wedding in Utah...


This past Friday Kenya and I took a quick trip to Utah...why???...Kenya's cousin Kelli was getting married...this marks the first grandchild on the Smith side to be married...Kelli is Kenya's closest cousin in age...they were born 3 days apart...Kenya and Kelli despite not living near each other seemed to connect anytime they saw each other...so when we heard the news of her engagement Kenya said to me 'we are going, right mom, we HAVE to go'...of course, I felt the same way and told her I would see if I could work it out...so after using a companion pass we were committed to going...
But for me this marked the first Smith family event since my divorce 51/2 years ago...this was a family that for 14 years I was a part of and loved and still love...yet just like that once the divorce is final you find yourself not just losing a husband but you also find that in a way you have lost or should I say the boundaries have changed with this whole extended family that was very much a part of your life for so long...even so I was looking forward to it...and by the end of the day I was glad we made the effort to attend...
The wedding ceremony was beautiful...the bride and groom looked so happy...for me I can't help but smile when I see two people so in love and ready to make that most awesome and challenging committment...and this is why I love weddings because of the happiness it makes me feel...
It also was awesome to be able to spend the day with Kenya...my daughter is a funny girl, yep...
It was so great for Kenya and I to see her cousins...Tara and Carson looked sooo good...we have missed them...it also was fun to see the younger cousins and how cute they are and how big they are getting...
, We loved seeing everyone, it was especially good for Kenya to see her aunts, uncles and grandparents and the only thing that would have made it better is if Kenya's Uncle Mark and Aunt Tami had been there...

7 comments:

  1. So where were Uncle Mark and Aunt Tami? I was hoping to see pictures of Uncle Mark. :) Looks like a lot of fun. And you look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your daughter is beautiful....(the apple doesnt fall far from the tree-hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha....there is that funny "look up so the chin doesn't show" picture. I've never noticed how true that is until you said something!! Phew, what a trip. you'll have to give me details later. kenya is too skinny! tell her to come over here for some real food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli is so beautiful! I can see so much of her Mother, Shauna in her! Just like I can see so much of you in Kenya! Just beautiful! Glad that all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO glad that you guys came!! It was so good to see you both. Please let's not let it be that long before I see you again! I love you!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya too bad i could not go it would be fun seeing everyone again but this stupid economy left me out...............:(((((((((((( i cant wait for the next oppurtunity (spelled wrong) to visit everyone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love (infinity) the last picture on this post! You and Kenya are so beautiful!! I can't believe how grown up Kenya is. I wish we could've been there. Thank you for this post ... Though, I'm a pathetic mess from it. You will always be family to me. We've had some awesome times, huh, Michelle?! I was so HAPPILY SURPRISED to see you finally posted a TON! You've been B-U-S-Y. I can't believe your parents moved to Spokane, of all places. I'm glad they are near your sister. I give you props for driving a truck. You can now add "truck driver" to your long list of talents. Woo hoo! I love reading about the kids. Thanks for doing this. I feel connected. Love you tons! I will call you later this week...

    ReplyDelete