Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weather you like it or not...

This is the view from my work this week...(and yes that is Catalina)



It is the second week in January and the t-shirts, shorts and flip-flops have come back out...(not that they ever really get put away)

One week ago at this time when taking Karch to seminary at 6am the temp was 49 degrees(okay I know not that cold but to us it was freezing)...this morning at 6am it was 69 degrees...seat heaters not required... last week at this time there was a layer of fog that wrapped itself around my work building...this week daily temp. highs in the 80's...cloudless sky...people beaching it...people smiling...almost feeling that desire to ACTUALLY do something with my weight, which usually happens when I know I can't hide beneath layers...forecasts shows more of the same all week...it almost makes you forget that we are in the middle of winter...wishing I could be outside enjoying it more...at least I have my view from work...grrr.


note: will make effort not to whine too much in this blog about working...because I AM grateful to have a job.

9 comments:

  1. The weather is crazy. Love the warmth, but my house is still freezing inside, so I guess I like it cold right now makes it easier to know what to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! The sun has been out here but it is still FREEZING cold. I need to move out there. I think that's all there is to it! Or at least come and visit... :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok seriously? you have to go on a post catalina and how hot it is while, hmm.. im freezing and slipping on ice in utah. thanks-- very jealous

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously i went to school on monday with sweats on i did sweat it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love you <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you started a blog. Now as for the "bragging". My kids would say, Mom, Michelle is saying her weather is better than ours and that makes me feel bad." But I of course wouldn't say that. I'll just say that my friend and I are waiting for the day it is above 25 degrees at 7:45am so we can go walking again. Enjoy your warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELL, WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO FLORIDA TO SEE IF WE CAN BEAT THE SO. CAL. WEATHER. HAD A WONDERFUL CRUISE. LIFE IS GOOD. MICHELLE, LOVE SANDON'S AND KENDALL REMARKS. TOO BAD YOUR IN THAT HOT OFFICE OVER LOOKING THE BEAUTIFUL PACIFIC OCEAN. SORRY YOU DAD IS MISSING ALL OF THIS. HE'S GOT TO LEARN TO TURN ON THE COMPUTER. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited that you started a blog Michelle! Is it OK if I peek too?
    Love your posts so far...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peek away Kim!!!
    From someone (me) who is VERY good at peeking at blogs...:)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year we had a very long winter and I was freezing. I never warmed up during the summer, it was to short and now I'm chilled to the bones. For some reason we seem to be attracting all the snowstorms with snow the accumulates to 70 inches in 4 days and freezing cold temperatures along with it. Lucky you!!!! I haven't seen the sun for 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete