Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Repairs...

This week our home has been getting a face lift.

The sides of the home have had some serious dry rot going on...this last summer my kids were throwing a ball in the backyard and it hit the house and literally left a hole. Due to years of moisture and an original backyard that had flooding problems the siding was no longer durable. Unfortunately like anything with owning a home, fixing it was necessary and having to pay for it is unavoidable.

This week we were finally able to fix it...at least a quarter of the siding had to be replaced. And again like anything with owning a home, usually when you go to fix something a domino effect happens. In this case, the house needed to be repainted...

I came home from work today to a new home...or at least it looked and felt like one...


We decided to go with a completely different color...I love it!!!!!


I love that it is motivating me to tackle some other unfinished projects inside the house...

Whooohoooo...next up...turning brown grass into green grass...Stewarts we need you!!!!!! :)


Just a thought...Maybe thats what I need...a face lift...and maybe that would motivate me to tackle the extra weight that needs to be lost...mmm...just a thought.

6 comments:

  1. YOUR HOME LOOKS GREAT. I LOVE THE COLORS. THAT WAS QUITE A PROJECT. A NEW WHOLE BACK OF THE HOUSE. I'M GLAD GREG HAS SUCH GOOD TASTE. MOM C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I need a before picture of the house. It's been way too long! I love that you are making little changes, improvements and updates...and, NO, YOU do NOT need updating. I love you just the way you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe that is what i live in now im soooo used to plain old white...thx for updating now that grass i could water with the hose but i just am never or ever will be able to do that...im toooo laxy with are tv
    xoxoxoxoxokendall <3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great. We'll have a truck there on Fri for the lawn. That was a big project. Did you guys paint yourself or hire someone. Way to go. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KENDALL---YOU ARE TOO BUSY TO BE LAZY. YOU'RE THE MOST CREATIVE AND AMBITIOUS WITH YOUR TIME OF ANYONE I KNOW. YOU ARE DIFINITELY READY TO BE A TEEN. BUT I'M NOT SURE YOUR MOM WANTS YOU TO BE A TEENAGER. AFTER ALL YOU ARE HER BABY. XXXX00000 LOVE YOU, GRANDMA C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle!!!!!!!!!! You have a BLOG!!!!! Yay!

    love,

    elise (lundquist)

    ReplyDelete